Let’s face it—jumping into a new career can be terrifying as questions and doubts creep in. Will I be satisfied with my new career choice? Will I be any good at it?
But what if you could test your aptitude in a certain field before quitting your day job? It would certainly reduce some of the uncertainty and anxiety around making the plunge.
If you’ve been thinking about pursuing a career in programming, you’ll be excited to learn that Coding Dojo is offering a free—yes, we said FREE!—online prep application to help build your coding muscles and nail coding fundamentals before diving head first into Day One of coding bootcamp.
What is an Algorithm in Coding?
Tp put it simply, an algorithm in coding is a set a rules created by a software developer that helps solve a problem. Here’s what a good algorithm will have
- Defined input and output
- Clear and direct steps
- The most effective way to solve that particular problem
- Good algorithms are be written in a way that can be used in different programming languages.
Why Coding Dojo’s Free Algorithm Prep Course
Coding bootcamps are fully immersive, requiring a certain level of passion and commitment to succeed, yet many programs don’t provide prospective students with adequate prep work until they are deep into the application process.
This is why Coding Dojo created its free algorithm prep app, for people trying to gauge their ability to succeed in the world of coding by practicing the fundamentals first. The application is designed to help prospective students gauge their aptitude as well as improve their skills with increasingly challenging levels.
Learn Before Enrolling
In case a student feels lost, gets stuck on a function or is simply curious about how a professional programmer would approach the challenge, each level features a video with a Coding Dojo instructor who walks through how he or she would personally write the algorithm.
Similar to physical training, users will get out of this prep course application what they put into it. We encourage everyone to use the application to its fullest potential by devoting time and energy to completely understanding each level’s concepts.
An Olympic athlete wouldn’t go to the games without spending time training and building the muscles needed for success, and we don’t think you should either. We developed this application to help potential Coding Dojo students build the appropriate muscles we know they’ll need to succeed during and after our 12-week program.
However, this application is not just for potential Coding Dojo students. It’s designed for those who are thinking about pursuing a career in programming or seeking to hone their fundamental coding skills. The course application is free and open to all users.
Are Coding Bootcamps Worth It?
Many wonder if a coding bootcamp will really get you a job? The simple answer is: yes.
Anyone can learn to code. If you’ve decided you want to be one of those people, all you need to figure out now is what is the best way to learn for you. There are several options, including:
- Coding Bootcamp: A bootcamp gives each student a structured learning environment for around 14-32 weeks. Most coding bootcamps also offer in-person and online course, and offer all this for prices ranging around $5,000 to 420,000, depending on the bootcamp, course, and what you choose to learn.
- Computer Science Degree: If you really want the traditional college experience, this is your option. A computer science degree will cost you significantly more than a bootcamp, but it will give you a well-rounded education and an experience to build your career on. However, since computer science degrees mostly focus on theories, it’s important that you put what you learn to the test by learning coding on the side as well.
- Online Courses: Online courses come in many different varieties. Some cost money, some are free,. Some provide support, some let you figure it out. Online coding courses are the cheapest ways to get a coding job, but they require a lot of self-discipline to acquire the appropriate knowledge. However, if you do the work plenty of companies will hire you without a degree or a bootcamp certificate.
Is Coding Dojo Worth It?
The best way to figure out if Coding Dojo is right for you go straight to the students who have graduated recently. Check our student success blogs to see how others like you have upscaled their career.
Besides that, you can try out our other prep courses. Besides just the algorithm, we offer and intro to web development workshop and an intro to python workshop. These three prep courses will give you a great look at what you need to know about coding and how Coding Dojo can teach you.
But wait, there’s more. Download our 2021 Outcomes Report to get the whole picture of what’s happened to our students after graduating. That includes 91% of students finding a job within a year of graduation.
We especially encourage those still considering whether a coding bootcamp is the right fit for them to try our algorithm application. It’s a great way to experiment with the basics of coding in a risk-free environment.
Check it out, and let us know what you think!