Your Privacy Comes First
Collection of Information
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you: create an account; join our partner program; make a payment; use any Coding Dojo Service Offering; contact customer service; respond to questionnaires; or otherwise interact with us. The types of information we may collect vary depending on the Coding Dojo Service Offerings you use and may include your name, email address, phone number, postal address and contact details for your organization if applicable.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Coding Dojo Service
When you access or use the Coding Dojo Service Offerings, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Coding Dojo Service Offerings, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Coding Dojo Service Offerings.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Coding Dojo Service Offerings, including, but not limited to, configuration information, network speed, hardware model, operating system and version and information about the software on your computer or device.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve the Coding Dojo Service Offerings and your experience, see which areas and features of the Coding Dojo Service Offerings are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Coding Dojo Service Offerings or our emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Coding Dojo Service Offerings.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Coding Dojo Service Offerings, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Coding Dojo and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Coding Dojo Service Offerings and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Coding Dojo is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Coding Dojo takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If you establish an account with Coding Dojo after clicking an affiliate link on a third party website, or if your account registration identifies a Coding Dojo partner who referred you to Coding Dojo, your domain name and the time of your referral will be displayed to that partner for tracking purposes, but Coding Dojo will not share the remainder of your email address or any other identifying information (e.g., If JohnDoe@domainsample.com is referred by a Coding Dojo partner at 12 noon on January 1, 2010, the partner could access an administrative page indicating that Coding Dojo received a referral of someone from domainsample.com at that time);
- If you participate in any interactive areas of the Coding Dojo Service Offerings (such as a bulletin board, blog or chat room), the information you provide may be displayed publicly;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Coding Dojo or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Coding Dojo Service Offerings that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services provided by others
You may update or correct information about you at any time by logging into your online account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Coding Dojo Service Offerings.