Web Development
Online Part-Time Program

Jan 25, 2021 - June 11, 2021

Apply Now

Have questions? Contact your local Amazon HR representative.

Web Development Online Part-Time Program

If you're an hourly Amazon employee ready to level-up your career, Coding Dojo and Amazon have you covered.

  • No Previous
    Experienced Required
  • Career Services
    Included
  • Pay Nothing
    Out-of-Pocket

Why Coding?

Many businesses rely on code. A software developer can work at a hospital, Airbnb, or an automotive factory. In fact, half of all programming openings are in industries outside of technology, and nearly every industry uses software engineers. In 2018, the Bureau of Labor projected that web development jobs will grow 27% over the next ten years - 20% more than the industry average! Not to mention, most development jobs can be done remotely so you can keep working, no matter where you are.

Why Coding Dojo?

  • 1

    No code experience? No problem!

    We believe that anyone can learn to code regardless of skill level as long as they put in the work. That’s why we have no technical test to enroll in our program.

  • 2

    Full Career Services

    Access the full power of our career services team, who has supported over 6000+ graduates, with a median starting salary of $76,000.

  • 3

    Pay Nothing Out-Of-Pocket

    Amazon Career Choice covers 95% of tuition. We waive the remaining 5% so you pay nothing out of pocket.

What You’ll Learn

Most web development certifications only teach what is called “front-end” development. We teach front end AND back end, so you have more opportunities in the job market.

Our curriculum teaches Web Fundamentals (the front-end) and Python (front and back-end, also known as “full-stack”). Python is one of the top programming languages ranked in TIOBE Index, and according to ZipRecruiter, the average salary for a Full-Stack Python Developer is $128,150/year nationwide! Front-end web developers make $79,725/year on average...that’s a whopping 61% difference!

Front-End Web Developer VS. Full-Stack Python Developer

Front-End Developer VS Full-Stack Python Developer Graph

Participants who complete this program will acquire relevant knowledge in Web Fundamentals, Programming Fundamentals with Javascript, HTML, CSS w/ Flexbox, Bootstrap, Algorithms, Git and GitHub including portfolio deployment to GitHubPages. Students will also become fluent in Python, Django and Deployment via AWS EC2.

What is Python?

Python is one of the most in-demand programming languages in the industry. It is favored by companies such as Instagram, YouTube, and Spotify. Python’s diversity, adaptability and its elegant, easy-to-master basics set it apart from other programming languages, making it popular for use in web development, machine learning, data science, scientific computation, and cloud infrastructure.

Technologies Covered

  • Python
  • MySQL
  • APIs
  • Django

Companies Using Python

Career Services

Amazon Career Choice students receive the same career services given to our full-time Software Development students. That includes:

  • STEP 1

    Professional Profile & Portfolio

    • LinkedIn Profile Creation
    • Github Portfolio Production
    • Resume Development & Curation
  • STEP 2

    Job Prospecting & Application Guidance

    • Real Job Search
    • Sample Applications
    • Hiring Manager Communication
    • Job Title Refinement
  • STEP 3

    Interview Prep & Salary Negotiation

    • Mock Interviews
    • Technical Skills Test Prep
    • Target Compensation Guidance
    • Contract Negotiation

What You’ll Need

Students will need their own laptop to complete the program. Coding Dojo supports Mac, Windows and Linux-based machines, and recommends at least 8GB of memory, also known as RAM. Students will also need a headset to access video content within our learning platform. Strong WiFi access will also make progression through coursework more enjoyable.

  • 8GB of memory
  • Strong WiFi access
  • Workable headset

How To Enroll

  • 1

    Get Your Voucher

    Apply for your Career Choice Voucher by January 10, 2021 at amazoncareerchoice.com

    *Training starts the week of January 25, 2021. Vouchers are first come, first serve, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible!

  • 2

    Submit Application

    Apply to Coding Dojo by January 10, 2021

  • 3

    Confirm Enrollment

    Email a scanned copy of your voucher for us to sign, and you’re enrolled!

Have questions? Contact your local Amazon HR representative.

Apply Now

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How much does the program cost?

    Amazon Career Choice Voucher’s will cover 95% of tuition ($3000), and we at Coding Dojo waive the remaining 5%, so your out-of-pocket expenses are $0. You must have $3,000 in Career Choice Voucher Eligibility to participate in the program.

    Please note that you must have a laptop that meets our requirements and has access to the internet to participate.

  • How do I know how much money I am eligible for?

    You must have $3,000 available in your Career Choice account to participate and cover the program cost. You can check your total tuition eligibility by visiting amazoncareerchoice.com. Your tuition total will be visible on the Career Choice home screen.

  • How do I sign up for my Career Choice Voucher?

    Vouchers are first come, first serve, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.

    Visit amazoncareerchoice.com then navigate to Information Technology and Computer Science → Web Developer → Coding Dojo Online - [State] → Web Developer 1/25/2021

  • What credentials will I earn at the end of this program?

    Graduates of our Web Development program earn an Certificate of Completion.

  • What are the technology requirements?

    Students will need their own laptop to complete the program. Coding Dojo supports Mac, Windows and Linux-based machines, and recommends at least 8GB of memory, also known as RAM. Students will also need a headset to access video content within our learning platform. Strong WiFi access will also make progression through coursework more enjoyable.

    Additional details and resources may be emailed to you during the pre-course orientation.

  • Will Amazon adjust my work schedule so I can attend classes?

    Full-time employees should discuss scheduling needs with HR or Workflow. They can correctly adjust your schedule so you can participate in Coding Dojo training.

  • Am I eligible for this Career Choice program?

    Most employees are eligible to apply after one continuous year of employment. If eligible, you can apply up to 90 days before your one-year anniversary! Eligibility requirements may vary based on whether you are part-time, full-time, hourly or salaried.

  • What is Career Choice?

    Career Choice is Amazon’s tuition assistance program. If you have been employed by Amazon for one continuous year, you can apply for a Career Choice Voucher. Career Choice prepays or reimburses 95% of tuition and associated fees, up to the yearly maximum, in high demand fields such as Healthcare, Information Technology & Computer Science, Mechanical & Skilled Trades, Transportation & Logistics, and Paralegal Studies.

Have More Questions?

Contact your local Amazon HR representative, or contact Kiana with Coding Dojo admissions